- MoU was signed with the Eritrean National Olympic Committee in September 2014 with the aim of assisting Eritrea in participating in Olympic and Paralympic Games toward 2020, especially to support Paralympians.
- The above will also lead in contributing to the sound development of children and youth in Eritrea. It will also help in making life easier for the disabled.
Surrounding environment of children and youth are changing in daily basis.
Activities that are not on the list above also done case by case.
For more detailed information, please check out the following “Activity Report”.
- 2022.04.20 International Students on Their Own Paths 〜Once in a Lifetime～
- 2021.10.13 We won a prize in “Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan Photo Contest”!
- 2021.10.8 Mr. Kesete, an International Student from Eritrea, Graduates from SEISA Dohto University!
- 2021.09.2 FGC Applies for “Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan Photo Contest”!
Surface Area：117,600 square kilometer
Population：Approx. 4.95 million people （2016 Population Reference Bureau）
Language：Tigryna, Arabic, Other ethnic languages
Currency：Nakfa (1 USD=15 Nakfa)
Japanese in Eritrea：1 people（2016）
Eritrean in Japan：42 people（20117）
* Data from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
Eritrea suffered lots of hardships under the military rule of foreign countries for many years. After the World War II, most African countries became independent. However, Eritrea was not allowed to become independent. It was still affected by the Cold War and the power struggle between the super powers. After more than 30 years of the War of Independence, they finally were declared an independent state in 1993 and became a member of UN. Although there was a border conflict with Ethiopia, Eritrea’s situation is now considerably stable compared with other African countries. Eritrean people are honest and hard-working. Track & Field and bicycle events are very popular in Eritrea. However, most sport facilities are outdated and the facilities that are available for handicaps are far from satisfactory.